- "Being myself. Being able to show my true emotions, I know that I was only able to do that with Kaguragi. But I don't know if these feelings are of love."
- —Oto Edogawa
The fifty-fifth chapter (
Haruto Kaguragi now treats Oto Edogawa with indifference. Oto explains what happened between her and Haruto to Airi Maya. She eventually comes to a realization about him. At the same time, Tenma Hase trains hard at physical therapy.
Shocked by Haruto Kaguragi's rude behavior toward Oto Edogawa, Airi Maya yells "how dare you talk to [her] like that!" Airi attempts to go after him, until Oto tells her to stop. She comments that Haruto is like "a whole different person", which Oto realizes this as she recalls his eyes full of indifference. Airi then declares that "he and I are no longer friends." Oto pleads with her not to "break up [their] friendship over [her]." Seeing Oto's seriousness, Airi asks her about "what happened between [her] and Haruto."
Oto and Airi spend the afternoon together doing fun activities together, such as visiting a cosplay studio. The two girls look over the photos they took at a cafe. Airi suggests that she gives one to Tenma Hase. Oto reveals they broke up since she "could [not] be [her] true self" and thus was unable to have a "real relationship" with Tenma. Airi describes Oto as "always holding back", but says "I like that about you." She then brings Oto to her house, where they look at old photos of the Correct 5. Oto begins to wonder if Haruto got the note she sent with the taxi driver. She cries when she realizes that she was only able to show her true self to Haruto.
Tenma is working with a physical therapist, while Hitoshi Konoe keeps track of number of reps. Konoe happily talks about Tenma's return to school earlier that day. He then brings up their time in Kyoto and starts asking about Oto. Tenma had evidently asked Konoe to stay with him in Kyoto so he and Oto would not be alone often. He confesses that he still loves Oto and does not "want to do anything that would hurt her." Meanwhile, Haruto and Issa Narumiya are at a club. Several girls are staring at Haruto but find him "unapproachable."
- Airi Maya
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Hitoshi Konoe
- Issa Narumiya
- Kaito Taira (Photograph(s) only)
- Oto Edogawa
- Sugimaru Eibi (Photograph(s) only)
- Tenma Hase
- Some changes and corrections were made for Viz's volume edition, including "how dare you treat Oto like that!" to "how dare you talk to Oto like that!", and "no, that's wasn't it" to "no that wasn't it."
- At the cosplay store, Oto and Airi dress up like witches reminiscent of the school uniforms from the Harry Potter films.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|