Hana Yori Dango (
The musical is comprised of two acts, lasting a total of two hours and thirty minutes. On June 29, 2019, a live broadcast of the musical was shown in theaters around Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. The same broadcast of Hana Yori Dango was released on blu-ray on September 28.
Cast and characters
Teen of Japan participants
- Original work: Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio
- Script / Director: Kosaku Noguchi
- Composition / Songs: Tomoko Aoki, Masahiro Hasegawa, Makoto Miyazaki
- Conductor / Music performance: Makoto Miyazaki
- Choreography: Rino Masaki, Satoshi Mitsui, Oguri, Akihiko Nagano
- Fight choreography: Kazuto Seike
|Akasaka ACT Theater (Tokyo, Japan)|
ProductionOn January 11, 2019, a musical staged by the Takarazuka Revue's Flower Troupe (
A production presentation was held on May 10, 2019 in Tokyo. Yuzuka, Shiroki, Yunami, Seino, and Kinami performed a song dressed as their respective characters. Boys Over Flowers creator Yoko Kamio also attended.
PromotionOn May 25, 2019, a television special promoting the musical was shown on BS-TBS. The program featured a variety of behind-the-scenes footage, including rehearsal scenes and interviews with the director and stars. The next day, a special hour-long program featuring Yuzuka, Shiroki, and Noguchi was broadcast on TBS Radio. It was hosted by announcer Reina Minagawa (
The cast was interviewed for the June 2019 issue of Margaret; the magazine originally serialized the manga. Also in June, the main cast, Kurisu Oto, and Ririka Kaga were featured on Takarazuka Cafe Break.
Hana Yori Dango was released on blu-ray by Takarazuka Creative Arts (TCA) on September 28, 2019. The performance featured was the June 29 showing and it runs for 172 minutes.
|September 28, 2019||
All lyrics by Kosaku Noguchi and composition by Tomoko Aoki unless noted.
- "Hana Yori Dango—Boys Over Flowers—"
Composition: Masahiro Hasegawa
- "Good Morning Eitoku Academy"
- "School Rulers—F4" (
- "We Love F4"
- "Luxury Lunch Time—Elegant Lunch" (
LUXURY LUNCH TIME 優雅な昼食)
- "Declaration of War" (
- "Kick Out—Banished" (
- "Flowers—Love's Flower—" (
- "A Walking Brand Man and a No Brand Woman" (
- "Party Night"
- "Straight Man" (
- "Flower Land" (
- "Rumors" (
- "Dangerous Night"
Composition: Masahiro Hasegawa
- "Elegy of Beautiful Things" (
- "Beach Summer Paradise"
Compostion: Makoto Miyazaki
- "Duel" (
- "TOJ (Teen of Japan) 2019"
- "Jingle Bells"
Composition: James Pierpont / Japanese Lyrics: Shoji Miyazawa
- "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town"
Lyrics: Haven Gillespie / Composition: J. Fred Coots / Japanese Lyrics: Takao Kanbe
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
Lyrics / Composition: Thomas Patrick Connor / Japanese Lyrics: Kenji Sazanami
- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"
Lyrics: Sammy Cahn / Composition: Jule Styne
- "White Christmas"
Lyrics / Composition: Irving Berlin
- The musical takes inspiration from the 2005 Japanese drama version, of which writer and director Kosaku Noguchi is a fan of.
- To celebrate the musical, the first fifty chapters of Boys Over Flowers were available to read for free on Shonen Jump+. One chapter was released per day until July 2, 2019.
- Creator Yoko Kamio went to see the first performance of the musical on June 15, 2019. She later went to see it again with her mother.
- Saki Seto, who played Yuriko Asai in Hana Yori Dango (2005), saw the musical on June 18, 2019.